Home       About       Contact       Favorites       Mosaic Makeovers      

Monday, April 30, 2012

Beth

Ever since my friend Beth told me she was engaged and wanted me to do her hair for her wedding, I've envisioned her as a vintage bohemian bride. Beth has a great sense of style and I wanted to incorporate her aesthetic into my vision for her wedding look. I thought we should do something special for her wedding hair test, so I came up with the concept for a photo shoot both to try out some different hair and makeup looks and also to see how the looks would photograph. I knew Palo Duro Canyon would be the perfect backdrop, playing off the gorgeous red tones in her hair. It was a great day of shooting (aside from the fact that none of us remembered to bring sunscreen...ouch). I'm so happy for her, she has found such a great guy, and I can't wait until the big day!
When she told me she would be donning a birdcage veil and wanted to wear her hair down, I immediately began dreaming of a classic look with large pincurls.
I created extra volume by wrapping hot curls just off the iron around velcro rollers and securing them with clips as they cooled. 

Is there anything better than wandering in the wilderness wearing gold Michael Kors espadrilles?
Bridal makeup should be natural and glowy, accentuating the bride's best features but not deviating too far from her everyday look.
It's always great to have options, and although she is set on having her hair down on her wedding day, an updo like this one would also look great with her vintage inspired birdcage veil.
I thought it would be fun to try out a turquoise and gold eye (two of my favorite colors for summer) with a more casual bohemian ensemble.
I wanted to do a casual look with a really trendy messy fishtail braid.

 I love the contrast of her pink cheeks and lips with the turquoise jewelry.


Photography by Sandy Carden

No comments:

Post a Comment