Home       About       Contact       Favorites       Mosaic Makeovers      

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fall 2012 Trends

It's time to prepare for a new season! That means updating not only your wardrobe, but your total look! I love the changing of seasons and always take the opportunity to try some new trends and I have to say I am loving some of the looks that strutted the Fall 2012 runways!!!! Fall is by far my favorite season for fashion, hair and makeup! These autumnal looks are a combination of 60s mod and 90s glam (two of my most treasured eras...hello granny-grunge!) and I just simply can't get enough! Here are some of the trends that I adore:

Hair:

Sleek deep side parts:
Jason Wu, Christian Dior, Alberta Ferretti, Marc Jacobs (pictured above)
This look has to be one of my favorites from the Fall 2012 runways. It is so chic, so classic and yet looks very fresh for the season. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Faux bobs:
 Rodarte, Oscar de la Renta (pictured above)

Is there anything lovelier than a faux bob??? Not only is this a great way to dress up a casual look for fall, but it is oh so easy, and a great way to try something different with hair that is either long and needs some refreshing or just in blah growing out phase (like mine :)).

Decorative clips:
Rodarte (pictured above), Tory Burch, Rochas
Could this be any more 90s??? Or maybe it's a bit of the 1920s? Ah, it's simply timeless!! You guys know about my love of accessories, so bring it on with the hair clips!! Tory Burch featured some fabulous flower clips in a simple french twist that I'm obsessed with! I could go on for days about how much I love all of the amazing hair accessories for fall, but instead I'm going to go out and buy some!!

Headbands:
Tory Burch, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Dolce and Gabbana (pictured above on Kirsten Dunst)
Anything goes with headbands this fall! Everything from this flower embellished D&G piece to simple black bands by Carolina Herrera were shown on the Fall 2012 runways. There is something so back-to-school about a headband and you really can't go wrong here. Try one with a great updo, a sleek side part, a bouffant...the possibilities are endless!

Slicked back ponys and buns:
Doo Ri, Jason Wu, Ralph Lauren, BCBG (pictured above), Calvin Klein, Jill Sander, Marc Jacobs
I love the ease of a sleek ponytail or bun for fall. Long hair can begin to look heavy when you start layering on sweaters and scarves in the fall, so this is a simple way to put your hair up but still look chic and stylish. And don't think its just for the long haired gals, anyone can rock this look at just about any length with the right product.


Bouffants:
Derek Lam, Carolina Herrera (pictured above), Moschino
Hello big hair! This look from Carolina Herrera is absolutely breathtaking and truly very effortless! This is usually my go to look on day 3 hair (with a lot of back combing and dry shampoo :)) and I'm so happy to see that it's found its place in fashion. But remember ladies, this is not Texas hair and nor is it Amy Winehouse...there is a FINE LINE! So think Brigitte Bardot and style your bouffant accordingly.

Flat hair with a center part:
Alexander Wang, Chloe (pictured above), Lanvin, Isabel Marant
90s grunge at its best! This effortless look is great for fall. But remember a few of things when trying this look: 1. hair should be clean (greasy hair takes this look on a whole other path...not a good one either) 2. not everyone can pull off a center part...sorry :( 3. Start channeling Gwyneth Paltrow and give it a go!

Blunt Bangs:
Marni, Antonio Bernardi, Versace, Elie Saab (pictured above)
There is something about blunt bangs that is so mod and yet so current. They add drama to a boring one length and bring total focus to your eyes. If you're afraid of going for it and chopping them (like me), check out some great clip in options!


Makeup:

Rosy cheeks:
Michael Kors (pictured above), Issa, Rodarte
This sweet rosy cheek look makes my heart soar for fall! All I can say is NARS Exibit A (the perfect blush to recreate this face). I'm picturing this exact Michael Kors look (deep side part, bobby pin and all) with a plush scarf and my leather bomber jacket for my go to fall style!


Red lips:
Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Nina Ricci (pictured above)
Here's the deal with red lips, I like the idea of them and I love them on other people and in print, but in reality, they just aren't for me. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so really I'm just accepting that fact and dealing with it. I love this look with the brown smokey eye and the deep side part, and the red lip on her is stunning, but I would instead do a rosy cheek and a subtle (natural toned) lip to make it work for me.

Wine lips:
Gucci (pictured above), Rochas, Givenchy, Etro, Bottega Veneta
Wine is a great alternative to the red lip. I think more women can wear this wine tone, but you're probably going to have to try a few before you find the one that works for you! This is a great updated look for Fall 2012 and I love it paired with the nude face (though the bleached brows are a a step further than what I'm comfortable with :)).

Multicolored metallic eyes: 
Cushnie et Ochs, Probal Gurung, Roberto Cavalli (pictured above), Jason Wu
This may be my favorite eye for evening. The possibilities are endless with this ombre'd multicolored metallic smokey eye! Have some fun, play around with it. Such a great granny-grunge look with the flat hair and the bold costume jewelry.

Dramatic Cat eyes:
Rachel Zoe (pictured above), Anna Sui, Prada, Altuzzara, Lanvin, Giorgio Armani, Zac Posen
It's all about the 60s with this dramatic cat eye! I love it with the nude face and flat hair. There are so many options of shape and technique with a cat eye, so really at this point anything goes. The only thing I would caution you to is if you have really dark hair and pale skin, this look can go a little Amy Winehouse and a little less chic, so maybe choose another color (brown, plum, navy...) instead of the harsh black.

Fresh Minimal makeup:
Peter Som, Helmut Lang, Christian Dior (pictured above), Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Vera Wang
This look is the epitome of Twiggy and 60s mod fashion! Again, I love the sleek side part, the fresh nude face, the emphasis on the eyes, the full brows...need I say more?? Pay close attention to the little highlight at the inner corner of her eyes, it really makes here eyes pop and gives that youthful glow!

Dramatic brows:
Donna Karan (pictured above) , J Mendel, Chanel
Full brows have been the rage for a few years, but the Fall 2012 runways were littered with artfully emphasized arches! Take note that these brows are not wild and ungroomed but perfectly sculpted. There are some great kits (specifically one by Anastasia of Beverly Hills) that can help you to create the perfect arch for your face shape.

Polish:

Burgundy:
Burgundy 4
Essie: Material Girl
Midnight Blue:
OPI: Russian Navy
White:
China Glaze: White on White

Nude:
Essie: Not Just Another Pretty Face

Gold:
Chanel: Gold Fingers
Silver/Gray:
Nars: Storm Bird

Funky French Tips:
Mod polka dot French by Chloesnails.blogspot.com

Fishnet French from Chloesnails.blogspot.com

Shredded French from Chloesnails.blogpot.com
Funky French from Chloesnails.blogspot.com
Mod French from Chloesnails.blogspot.com

Chloe has some really great tutorials on her blog that show step by step how to create some of these funky French looks. Also check out Pinterest for this trend, but basically ANYTHING GOES!!! 


Okay ladies, go forth and get ready for fall!!! (I've already got burgundy lacquer on my toes and I will be rocking a deep side part with some hair accessories ASAP!) Try out some of these fabulous trends and let me know which are your favs!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment