Home       About       Contact       Favorites       Mosaic Makeovers      

Sunday, July 15, 2012

2012 Summer Treats

With the changing seasons, I'm always looking for new beauty products to try! Some work out great, others not so much. There are a few things that I look for in a product:

1. Does it do what it says it does?
2. Is it a good value?
3. Does it cause allergies/breakouts (I have sensitive skin)?

Here are a few of my favorite summer treats for 2012, enjoy!

(from left to right)

1. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
What it is:
Smashbox makeup artists use this product to create a perfect canvas for foundation application. 
What it is formulated to do:
The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.
What else you need to know:
Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.
Why I love it:
I've tried lots of primers and what I like about this one is not only does it do the job it says it will, but it is a great value ($36 for 1 oz). 

2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Greed (color not pictured)
What it is:
A shimmering gold eye shadow primer.
What it is formulated to do:
This primer makes color more vibrant and lasting without any creasing. Try a sexy glimmer applied at inner corners of eyes, or wear it alone to transform your eyelids into those of a fierce seductress. This potion even works as a radiant brow bone highlighter, and can add a golden sheen underneath any eye shadow.
What else you need to know:
The squeeze tube version of this product is exclusive to Sephora for a limited time.
Why I love it:
I love gold shadow year round, but especially in the summer and this not only bumps it up a notch, but makes it last all day long! ($20)

3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner
What it is:
A waterproof liquid eyeliner.
What it is formulated to do:
Rich in polymers, this superior eyeliner offers an impeccable hold that guarantees water-, tear-, and smudge-proof color. Its ergonomic, foam-tip applicator is designed to resemble a makeup brush handle for the quickest, easiest, and most accurate application. 
What else you need to know:
This product is fragrance free and ophthalmologist tested.
Why I love it:
I tried every single liquid eyeliner in Sepora (on my hand) and this was was by far the best! Not only does it go on smoothly and easily, but it stays put! ($23)

4. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
What it is:
An ultra long-lasting, matte finish, oil-free, waterproof, full coverage concealer.
What it is formulated to do:
Designed to cover major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos. This light and creamy concealer contains a high concentration of pigments that stay put, making it perfect for use on the face, as well as the body.
Clinical Testing/Results:
Clinically tested on sensitive skin and dermatologically controlled for gentleness.
What else you need to know:
Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.
Why I love it
I have under eye circles that have haunted me for as long as I can remember. I have searched the makeup world over and can't find anything that gives me the perfect coverage, but this concealer comes pretty darn close. ($32 for .5 oz) 



5. Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes
What it is:
A travel-friendly pack of gentle cleansing wipes that provide moisturizing and age defying properties.
What it is formulated to do:
These luxurious cleansing wipes gently remove dirt, grime, and makeup while essential fatty acids nourish the skin. Its mild, naturally based cleansing ingredients remove even the most stubborn eye makeup. Vitamin C and micro algae help to brighten, firm, and smooth the texture of skin. With the truth collection's signature citrus vanilla scent, each cloth is a refreshing pick me up.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
Why I love it:
I was looking for cleansing wipes for the summer because I hate washing my face at night (though I do EVERY NIGHT), and a friend/former Sephora employee turned me on to these wipes. I've been using them for a few weeks now, and it was love at first use! Not only does it do the job, but the fragrance is INTOXICATING! I'm not kidding! They smell amazing! When I take a shower in the morning I can still smell it on my skin. Love em! ($15 for 30 wipes)

Okay ladies, there it is! Let me know what you think of my finds and share some of your own! (C'mon leave some comments ppl) xoxo

Descriptions courtesy of Sephora.com



No comments:

Post a Comment